Thursday, August 25, 2011

.:INTERNSHIP AT INSTITUT PUBLIC HEALTH :.

Well, for the past 3 months, I underwent my internship at Institut Public Health(IPH) or in Malay-Institut Kesihatan Umum, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.... It was compulsory for all UTM students before graduating... IPH is under Ministry of Health of Malaysia....

Why IPH..? am I doctor-to-be..? No la....hehe~
I'm going to be a Geospatial Officer in the future...manage data about Earth...insya-Allah...
This is my offical nametag..I got involved in a project, "Mapping of Health Facilites and Services For Policy Decision Making"

The output of this project is to know :
a) Distribution of Health Facilities in Malaysia
b) To guide placement of 1Malaysia Clinic
c) To establish the spatial database for healthcare facilities in Malaysia
and so on....


Quite interesting for me myself explored the project. At least, I know how a project being conducted...

During my internship, I have to:
a) Locate health facilities using software such as Google Earth, MapSource, WikiMapia..etc
b) Develop database
c) GPS survey- need to cover the whole states of Negeri Sembilan and Malacca
d) Database updating
f) ArcGIS 10 analysis
e) Produce technical report..

The most exciting part...my total allowance was RM 2***.**......crazy right..? Bz, for someone who did internship basically obtain RM500/month....but me....hehe..jeng3x....rezeki3x....

So..dat's it...very simple update I guess...

These are my equipments during fieldwork...GPS+DSLR Camera+List of health facilities
In front of Klinik 1Malaysia in Negeri Sembilan
I got free Malay-Kueh from 'makcik' sells kueh near Bangsar...but this picture taken at LRT Sri Rampai after going back from work..hehe~~